December 02 2013
2013 Holiday Gift Guide for Lawyers
Oh, buying gifts for a lawyer can be frightful,
This guide tries to make it more delightful;
For lawyers’ families this is the place to go,
No more woes, no more woes, no more woes!
One gift that is definitely worth stopping,
Are ties that have scales dropping;
We really can’t take any more,
Such a bore, such a bore, make us snore!
So as you start the season of buying.
Here’s a fact, there’s no denying;
Pick an item from this lawyer guide,
The thanks will be sincere and bona fide!
This is the 9th annual ReidMyBlog Holiday Gift Guide for Lawyers. It has more than 20 ideas specifically suited to lawyers. It's a public service to help family friends find great gifts for lawyers without resorting to wooden… continue
October 22 2013
I had the opportunity to talk with the Director of Admissions at my law school in order to write this very article. I can ramble on about the application process, GPAs, and the agony that is the LSAT, but I thought, why not go straight to the source- the person who decides who’s in and who’s out. Here’s what I learned:
- One person doesn’t make the admission decision. Most schools use a committee. This committee is comprised differently depending on the school. Some committees are comprised solely of faculty members, while other schools fill their committees with alumni and faculty. Your application will probably seen by several sets of eyes.
- The personal statement is really important. Don’t use a form document or use someone else’s. The Director I spoke with told me that this essay is the one thing you have complete control over. Your grades are decided, your LSAT is grade, and… continue
October 14 2013
Boost Your Resume and Get Instant Rewards
It’s no secret that the legal job market is getting more competitive every year. In all honesty, there is no guarantee that you will get a job after law school.
So what do you do? How do you get the competitive edge?
One thing you could do is get Westlaw Certified.
(I do not have any affiliation with Westlaw. I just want to share how to become Westlaw Certified because it can be done online, while Lexis requires in-person training.)
Boost Your Resume
When you get a job after graduating, there is a pretty good chance that you will be the one doing most of the research and grunt work. Law firms, especially those who bill their research expenses to the client (instead of absorb the costs as overhead), want to make sure that their client… continue
Tales of woe from real law school students.
What happens when a law school's SBA website is more impressive than the actual school's itself?!? Doesn't that suggest something....like maybe it's time for the school to bring itself up to the 21st century....for it's own sake and the sake of it's reputation. See for yourself. http://cwslsba.com/ versus http://cwsl.edu
– by Anonymous on 8/27/11 12:43 pm
I dozed off for a few seconds on the library toilet. I am really really tired.
– by Anonymous on 8/25/11 1:01 pm
If you are on law review, have a publishable article, and the Notes Editor does not like you, what do you do? Publish your note in another journal without telling him, of course.
– by Anonymous on 5/4/11 12:16 am
I never understand why we clap on the last day of class after the professor dismisses us and says good luck on the final.
– by Anonymous on 4/12/11 11:48 am